Food & Hospitality by EHL for start-ups:
- Become a member of the extended community of the world’s leading university in Hospitality & Leisure management and participate in exclusive events;
- Join an ecosystem of innovation focused on Food and Hospitality with entrepreneurs, students, professors, consultants, researchers and EHL Alumni;
- Benefit from the proximity of EHL to obtain advice from professors and experts, hire interns or student consultants;
- Obtain visibility in the media, in the EHL network of 30’000 Alumni and its partners;
- Access to a network of partners, including the donors of the EHL Innovation Foundation: Nestlé, HôtellerieSuisse, Fondation Casino Barrière and Marriott International;
- Have a workplace in historic 19th century buildings surrounded by a green space very close to EHL;
- The freedom of financial aid with no entry into the capital.
Prerequisites (see FIT Digital):
- Specialisation: Food or Hospitality with a digital component
- Innovation: ability to demonstrate that the business model is innovative, difficult to imitate and with strong growth potential.
- Team: depending on the type of support, at least 2 people on the project (see FIT Digital)
- Stage of development: depending on the type of support, the programme is accessible before the creation of the business and up to 36 months after entry in the trade register (see FIT Digital)
- Location: EHL Innovation Village (visitor or resident as appropriate)
What is the process?
1. Establishing the start-up in the Innovation Village
a)The start-up applies and pitches to join the Innovation Village
b)The application is examined and then accepted or rejected
c) Less mature projects join the Visitor area of the incubator; start-ups establish themselves and are incorporated at the Innovation Village.
2. Applying for the Food & Hospitality by EHL programme
3 possibilities according to the stage of development: (see FIT Digital)
a) The Food & Hospitality Grant by EHL
b) The Food & Hospitality Seed loan by EHL
c) The Food & Hospitality Growth loan by EHL
3. Appointment with a FIT adviser subject to eligibility
The coach reviews the conditions of the programme and the indicators to be put in place
4. Validation of the funding requirement and action plan
5. Invitation to pitch to the Selection Committee
6. Follow-up of indicators with the FIT adviser
To free up financial support, the start-up sets up and monitors KPIs
7. Signing of contracts and release of the loan / grant